Quad mesh nodes reordered upon reading XDMF file

Thanks for educating me on some of the background here–I can see where said remapping may be beneficial from a numerical/computational perspective.

For my specific application I am using external software to wrap DOLFINx which is used as a structural FEA solver. The external software generates the mesh and outputs to .xdmf, DOLFINx is used to solve the structural mechanics problem, nodal displacements (or other quantities) are output using interpolation as discussed here, and the nodal displacements are communicated back to the external software. The external software then performs further post-processing of the solution; however, this becomes more complicated now that the original node definitions and the displacements of interest do not agree in terms of ordering. Perhaps there is a reasonably simple way to map back to the original ordering? Given that DOLFINx is doing the initial remapping, it would make sense–at least in theory–that it could facilitate the reverse. Otherwise I have to do some kind of post-hoc remapping via something like a point-to-point search which is clearly less than ideal for a problem of appreciable size.