Building the python for dolfinx on OSX 12.3

Hello all,

I am working to build fenics on my machine (2019 MacBook pro intel). I have the docker containers working, but am experimenting with custom boundary conditions and would like to work directly with the source code.

I have the cpp portion of dolfinx building fine and passing all tests, but when I run

cd /python
pip install .

it is unable to build the wheel for fencis-dolfinx and gives the following error and warning.

Blockquote
[WARNING] This wheel needs a higher macOS version than the version your Python interpreter is compiled against. To silence this warning, set MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to at least 12_0 or recreate these files with lower MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET:

Blockquote
AssertionError: would build wheel with unsupported tag (‘cp39’, ‘cp39’, ‘macosx_12_0_x86_64’)

I want to try and change the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to 12_0, but i cant find this option in the files.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated thank you!

I guess to answer my own question the solution was:

I am able to build the python module, but the wheel was still not able to build.

I fixed the build by fixing my pybind11 environment variable, and changing the pip command to be:

pip3 -v install . --user