Error trying to compile dolfinx python API

I’ve compiled PETSc ( --with-scalar-type=complex --with-petsc4py --download-mpi4py ) as well as dolfinx c++ library.

I tried now to compile the python API however I get an error:

[ 92%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/cpp.dir/dolfinx/wrappers/refinement.cpp.o
      In file included from /home/manuel/petsc/arch-linux-c-debug/lib/petsc4py/include/petsc4py/../../PETSc_api.h:9,
                       from /home/manuel/petsc/arch-linux-c-debug/lib/petsc4py/include/petsc4py/petsc4py.h:10,
                       from /home/manuel/dolfinx/python/dolfinx/wrappers/caster_petsc.h:9,
                       from /home/manuel/dolfinx/python/dolfinx/wrappers/petsc.cpp:9:
      /home/manuel/petsc/arch-linux-c-debug/lib/petsc4py/include/petsc4py/../../PETSc.h:392:3: error: ‘DMPlexTransform’ does not name a type
        392 |   DMPlexTransform tr;
            |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(so close, 92% … :cry: )

By the way, I also get the message:

!!

********************************************************************************
              Requirements should be satisfied by a PEP 517 installer.
              If you are using pip, you can try `pip install --use-pep517`.
              ********************************************************************************

!!

I don’t really know which kind of system information can I supply so it’s easier for someone to help me. Thank you very much!!

PS:
I was using the main branch from dolfinx and the release branch from PETSc. I tested now with the main branch from PETSc and the installation breaks earlier, not being able to compile the c++ dolfinx library.

Did you find the solution to this problem?