Installation in low earth orbit with no internet access

Hello all,

I am working on a cool project which will utilize Fenics in LEO. For security reasons, I have to uplink all files and install on a cluster without internet access. Unfortunately I cannot use docker. I have conda downloaded and was wondering where these conda recipes are stored so I can locally install with conda. I am also open to any other ideas you experts might suggest…

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Terrence

1 Like

This sounds like a very intriguing project.

The conda feedstock repo is at GitHub - conda-forge/fenics-feedstock: A conda-smithy repository for fenics. (but I don’t know enough about conda to suggest how to use the contents of that repo)

1 Like

FEniCSx can be installed using Spack (https://spack.readthedocs.io/), and Spack has support for offline install (Mirrors — Spack 0.17.0 documentation).

There is a Spack package for (old) FEniCS, but it isn’t maintained by the FEniCS developers.

1 Like

Ubuntu (or Debian) is also an option. Can set up a local archive for installing packages.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the suggestions I tried to build with conda feedstocks locally but this turned into a massive headache. I eventually got access to docker and built a container on my system, then saved it as a tar.gz image. I was then able to move the image to the cluster and locally rebuild the container.

Thanks again for all the help!
-Terrence

1 Like