Missing release file in ubuntu PPA

Hello !,

I’ve noticed that since a couple days I’m getting an error while trying to update my system.

I’m using pop_os 21.10.

sudo apt update
E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/fenics-packages/fenics/ubuntu impish Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

It seems like the fenics ubuntu repository got messed up in some way ? (Although I’m not sure what this error actually means).
This is probably not a huge deal since I can still use fenics, but did anyone run into the same issue?

Not messed up, it’s just that we never built the latest version for impish (which is the latest Ubuntu release 21.10, Releases - Ubuntu Wiki).

I was hoping that Ubuntu would automatically pick up the latest version from Debian, but it got stalled by the introduction of python3.10, which the release version of numba does not support yet:

In the interim, if you’re upgrading from hirsute, you might find the hirsute builds still work on impish.

2 Likes

dolfinx (0.3.0) should be available from the PPA for impish now. dolfin also.

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt reaction, I just updated my system and it worked fine.