Simulate turbulence in the box with fenics

Hi, I have been using Fenics for my project and it is super helpful! I am new to the FEM and fluid simulation, and I have been trying to simulate the turbulence in the box/open-lid drive cavity with Fenics. May I ask do you have any suggestions on reference/code I may check?

I wish to work with a 2D incompressible NS equation in its vorticity form (where the pressure field is eliminated).

Modelling turbulence is not a straightforward task. There are many physical models, discretisations and outright philosophies which need to be considered as the best fit for your problem.

In terms of a lid driven cavity problem, perhaps the Stokes demo is a good starting point.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your response! I am checking this demo here! I am wondering do you think there would be a way for me to implement such simulation in FEM? It seems that it can be done in a rather straight forward way using finite different but I am just finding a really hard time trying to figure out how to do this with finite element…