Can't run FEniCS after updating Docker

Hi

I updated Docker desktop and currently have version 2.1.0.0. The problem I face is when I try to run FEnicS
Terminal> fenicsproject run
No active host found

What happens if you run:
docker -ti —rm -v $(pwd):/home/fenics/shared quay.io/fenicsproject/stable

Is there a solution to this ? I have this problem on mac osx when using fenicsproject script.

And I get an error directly running docker

$ docker -ti —rm -v $(pwd):/home/fenics/shared quay.io/fenicsproject/stable
unknown shorthand flag: 't' in -ti

Hi,
It seems there is a mistake in that command, run is missing.
You can try again with : docker run -ti --rm -v $(pwd):/home/fenics/shared quay.io/fenicsproject/stable

1 Like

Thank you , it works.

Then there is something wrong with the fenicsproject script.

This problem continues for me. The fenicsproject script does not work, “No active host found”. I reinstalled docker but did not help. Has anybody found a solution. I am on mac.

I had the same issue and I am on Mac, too. For me it helped going back to an older version of Docker. I am now using

Docker Community Edition 18.03.1-ce-mac65 2018-04-30

which you can download at

2 Likes

I suspect that the fenicsproject script does not correctly detect the Docker Desktop installation. Changing line 40 of /usr/local/bin/fenicsproject by changing ‘Docker for Mac’ to ‘Docker Desktop’ solved the problem for me.

3 Likes

How exactly do you do this?

The fenicsproject script is out of date and the users are encouraged to use the docker syntax directly, as explained in section 2 of 2. Introduction — FEniCS Containers 1.0 documentation