Trouble running demos on dolfinx

Hey,
So I recently downloaded Dolfinx on Ubuntu WSL subsystem and I’m having an issue running any of the demos. I am met with the following error

[0]PETSC ERROR: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation, probably memory access out of range
[0]PETSC ERROR: Try option -start_in_debugger or -on_error_attach_debugger
[0]PETSC ERROR: or see FAQ — PETSc 3.19.3 documentation and FAQ — PETSc 3.19.3 documentation
[0]PETSC ERROR: configure using --with-debugging=yes, recompile, link, and run
[0]PETSC ERROR: to get more information on the crash.
[0]PETSC ERROR: Run with -malloc_debug to check if memory corruption is causing the crash.
Abort(59) on node 0 (rank 0 in comm 0): application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 59) - process 0

I’m not too sure where to begin fixing this, any suggestions?

Hi, Can you please share the script you are trying to run ? Which environment are you using to run the code ?

There are some issues with PETSc 3.19. You might want to consider using the Ubuntu package system to provide PETSc.

Hey guys, thanks for your responses. I actually resolved it myself, the issue was due to my xserver not being correctly set up for anyone else who encounters this problem in the future :slight_smile:

Hello, could you please specify how exactly did you fix it.

EDIT: I found this post and it helped me to overcome this issue.

1 Like